Good morning - following the announcement last night, I wanted to make parents aware of my priorities for today. I hope to have some answers by the end of the day regarding :
- identified Key worker groups
- Provision for Free School meal children (at the moment, this isn't looking like it includes all children in Reception/Year 1 and 2 who currently receive a Universal Free School Meal.)
- how the educational provision for all classes will look from next Monday
- how we will be implementing emotional support for children and families over the next few weeks
These are very challenging times for everyone concerned and our priority remains our children.
Many thanks for your ongoing understanding and support,
This document sets out what the UK as a whole has done to tackle the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and what it plans to do next.
The action plan can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan
The document includes:
· what we know about the virus and the disease it causes
· how we have planned for an infectious disease outbreak, such as the current coronavirus outbreak
· the actions we have taken so far in response to the current coronavirus outbreak
· what we are planning to do next, depending upon the course the current coronavirus outbreak takes
· the role the public can play in supporting this response, now and in the future
Current advice remains in place: No school should close in response to a suspected (or confirmed) COVID-19 case unless advised to do so by Public Health England.
Personal hygiene is the most important way we can tackle COVID-19, especially washing hands more; and the catch it, bin it, kill it strategy for those with coughs and sneezes.
Please help us in sharing simple and effective hand hygiene messages.
Public Health England has a dedicated webpage with a range of posters and digital materials at:
Sign up is quick, free and means you will be alerted as more resources are made available.
On Monday we launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Updates on COVID-19:
Guidance for educational settings:
Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas: